ATV Park Rules
The SMSC has established the following rules for ATV riding spaces located on SMSC land.
Hours of Operation
- Sunrise to Sunset
- Absolutely no riding after dark
- The track is for the exclusive use of Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Members and invited guests. Any invited guest must be accompanied by a Community member at all times.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind are allowed in the parking, pit or track areas. Possession of any such alcoholic beverages will be grounds for immediate suspension of riding privileges.
- No fireworks of any kind are allowed in the parking, pit or track areas.
- No pets are allowed in the parking, pit or track areas.
- All vehicles, regardless of type, must have a working brake system.
- All persons entering the track area must sign a waiver of responsibility.
- A designated guardian must be present for all children, especially younger riders.
- All trash must be deposited in the trash containers.
Track and Riding Rules
- All riders must wear all protective equipment including a helmet, eye protection, a chest protector, boots above ankle height, gloves, a jersey and riding pants. Failure to possess and wear protective equipment will be grounds for immediate suspension of riding privileges.
- All helmets must be DOT or Snell approved.
- Non-riders are not allowed in the track area; this includes parents or friends of riders.
- Only ATVs and dirt bikes are allowed on the track.
- The parking area is for unloading, loading and parking only. It is not part of the track.
- Any vehicle ridden in the pit or parking area must be ridden at walking speed only.
- No person is allowed in or near the posted pond area. Entering the posted pond area will be grounds for immediate suspension of riding privileges.
- Riding is restricted to marked trails. Riding off marked trails will be grounds for immediate suspension of riding privileges.
- Riders who are not completing the larger doubles and triples must stay out of the “fast line”.
SMSC Conservation and Enforcement
Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Center
2330 Sioux Trail Northwest
Prior Lake, MN 55372
Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Assistant Director of Conservation and Enforcement
SMSC Conservation and Enforcement Officer on Duty