Scott County Trails Grants
The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community (SMSC) has made $300,000 in grants available for trail improvements that will benefit Scott County residents. The county government, any city or township, or any school district located in Scott County is eligible to apply, along with charitable organization in cooperation with an eligible government. The maximum single grant is capped at $100,000. There is no minimum amount.
To be eligible, an applicant must be a:
- Scott County government
- City or township government located in Scott County
- School district located in Scott County
- Non-governmental organization that is organized as a charitable organization under applicable federal and state law and is applying in cooperation with an eligible governmental body
Applicants must also be prepared to:
- Fulfill a required 20 percent match on each grant (either in cash or in kind)
- Substantially complete the funded project by December 31, 2019
- The application period is presently open, and applications must be completed by the end of the day on November 30, 2018.
- A committee and the SMSC Business Council will review the applications. Grant recipients will be announced on January 8, 2019.
- The work contemplated under the grant must be substantially complete by December 31, 2019.
For more information:
Director of Land and Natural Resources
Learn More About the SMSC
Read about our people or visit our frequently asked questions for additional information about the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community.
Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
2330 Sioux Trail NW
Prior Lake, MN 55372
Contact a Department >