Scott County Trails Grants
In November 2018, the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community (SMSC) announced that it had made $300,000 in grants available for trail improvements benefiting Scott County residents.
With additional funds still available at the end of the application period, the SMSC is reopening its call for applications from January 1, 2019 through January 31, 2019 to allot the remaining $100,000 in pledged funds to a Scott County government, city, township, school district, and/or charitable organization in cooperation with an eligible government.
Applicants whose projects fill trail gaps, augment existing trail systems, improve access to existing public natural areas, or provide additional environmental benefit beyond simple access will be given preference. Applicants should also note any plans or opportunities involving local volunteers.
To be eligible, an applicant must be a:
- Scott County government
- City or township government located in Scott County
- School district located in Scott County
- Non-governmental organization that is organized as a charitable organization under applicable federal and state law and is applying in cooperation with an eligible governmental body
Applicants must also be prepared to:
- Fulfill a required 20 percent match on each grant (either in cash or in kind)
- Substantially complete the funded project by December 31, 2019
- The application period is open until January 31, 2019
- A committee and the SMSC Business Council will review the applications. Grant recipients will be announced on March 1, 2019
For more information:
Director of Land and Natural Resources
Learn More About the SMSC
Read about our people or visit our frequently asked questions for additional information about the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community.
Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
2330 Sioux Trail NW
Prior Lake, MN 55372
Contact a Department >